5872 Morpeth Street
Pride of ownership shines through in this sunny Upper Rockridge Tudor. From the high-end finishes to the updated systems, every detail has been attended to.
Whether preparing meals in the gourmet eat-in kitchen, relaxing in the sanctuary of the grand-scale master suite, or gathering with friends by the outdoor fireplace, this home draws you in and makes you feel welcome. The open, airy rooms provide lovely scale and the three fun bonus spaces are the icing on the cake.
Just minutes to boutique shopping, fine dining, hiking trails, a transbay bus line and top-rated schools. Condition, finishes and location - this home really can't be beat!
Here are some of the highlights:
- Expansive master suite with sitting area, intimate deck and views of a giant mature oak and beautiful garden below.
- Luxurious master bath with soaking tub, large walk-in shower, double vanity and skylight.
- Huge master closet.
- Bonus finished attic space off the other master closet perfect for a Zen retreat, play space, office or whatever your heart desires.
- Gourmet kitchen open to the dining area with high-end appliances, sweet breakfast nook and dutch door leading to the garden.
- Open living/dining area with period fireplace and office nook.
- Two generously sized bedrooms on the first floor.
- Large, updated bathroom for the two first floor bedrooms.
- Flexible family room just off the garage.
- Amply storage or shop space.
This home is not just lovely, it is exceptionally well cared for. Below are words from the sellers regarding their care for the home over the past 15 years:
When we bought this wonderful home in 2003 it was very charming and built with solid construction. However, its circa 1937 vintage left it in rough condition with dated finishes and antiquated mechanical systems. Over time and project by project we lovingly made many repairs and improvements to it. We took special care to maintain as much of the wonderful charm, scale, style and craftsmanship of its original construction.
Below is a list (as best as we can recall) of the improvements that we undertook during our stewardship of 5872 Morpeth St.
- Heating replacement with high efficiency, 2 zone + air cleaner system.
- Enclosed portion of basement for plus-space gym room.
- Replaced electrical panel and abated all knob and tube wiring.
- Abated all galvanized water supply lines and replaced with copper.
- Replaced main water line from street to house.
- Replaced water heater.
- Replaced entire roof (Bill W. Interstate Roofing) in 2003 and upper portion at time of the second story addition.
- Installed loose lied paver driveway.
- Installed French drains along driveway and rear-upper retaining wall.
- Installed sub-surface downspout drainage and surface drainage piping surrounding entire house.
- Installed retaining wall and patio in rear upper yard.
- Installed lower wood deck for a more level out feeling.
- Installed 5 zone irrigation system and landscape lighting system.
- Multiple landscaping projects including fence replacement and repairs, lawns installed, plantings, shrubs, street trees, arbors, hanging swing and stone walkways and patios were installed.
- Installation of seismic foundation bolting, UFP plates, blocking & top-plate clips and sheer walls in crawl spaces and garage. Simpson Strong Walls and multiple bench-piers were installed on the lower structure and as per second story addition engineering plan.
- Added Staircase, Master suite, bathroom and walk-in closet with access to “plus-space” attic area.
- Commissioned local iron work artist for replacement of front entry stair railing.
- Added window, skylights, flooring, sheetrock and carpeting in attic “plus-space” area.
- Replaced all windows (except front bedroom closet and leaded glass lower bath) with dual pane windows.
- Replaced all light fixtures.
- Opened up kitchen to dining room.
- Replaced kitchen cabinetry, counters and appliances.
- Refinished lower bath original tub and replaced floor, toilet sink and shower and leaded glass.
Upper Rockridge is a neighborhood of older, Mediterranean-style estates, midcentury modern homes, contemporary houses, and new, custom showplaces. Large lawns, terraced gardens, stunning views of the bay and San Francisco skyline, and roads that follow the rolling hills all define this affluent Oakland community.
A local grocery, the Village Market, serves the neighborhood, while more extensive shopping and dining options await in nearby Rockridge, where residents can commute to San Francisco via the Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) station.
Sunday, March 10th 2:00-4:30
Sunday, March 17th 2:00-4:30
Thursday, March 7th 10:00-1:00
Additional Showings by Appointment:
Contact Anna Bahnson
Realtor®CompasscalDRE# 01917810510.338.1324 office